Monday, September 29, 2008

Driftwood

The tide of time has washed me away.
I sail beyond, to the unknown.
Will there be new shores beyond yon horizons?
The wretched past stretches behind me;
A panorama of memories that will soon ebb away,
As time and tide washes me afar, towards the unknown.

Old ties tug at my heart.
They stretch beyond vision, beyond memory, beyond time.
I try to sever them but my flailing arms grasp nothing, only air.
But from yonder comes a whiff,
Of a fragrance once known,
Of a familiar touch.

The mind sails away to the beyond.
The heart washes ashore oncemore.

3 comments:

My Unfinished Life said...

arent we all driftwoods...in this vast sea of life...
btw...i visited your blog from time to time..hoping to see some new posts...but nothing came up for a substantial time...so gave up...coming here after long time...am glad to see you posting so many ztuff....

the snake said...

poignant...somehow moving away from the familiar makes us look within...yet such is the irony of life..sometimes we try to hang on to the flotsam and sometimes they get in the way...beautifully expressed, and ending in a positive note...perhaps the poet foresees an end to the drifting..

on a different note, good to see you posting verses..

Kingkini said...

Thanks for all your comments....it is much appreciated